Saturday, February 17, 2007

Raglan Revisited

Grumperina declared her most recent sweater to be the “most wearable” one she’s ever knit. Which got me thinking. What is the most wearable sweater that I’ve ever knit?


The award goes to a simple bottom-up raglan that I knit in 2004. I wore it today, as I often do on the weekend. It was based loosely on Rosedale, minus the intarsia. I used Valley Yarns Charisma in a green – teal – blue – purple blend. It doesn’t seem like Webs has it anymore, which is too bad, it was nice yarn.


There is some really neat pooling and flashing, especially on the sleeves.


I could have prevented it, I guess, but I like it this way. I knit this before I really knew about the online knitting community, and before I knew the words "pooling" and "flashing." So, readers, what is your most wearable sweater?

5 Comments:

Blogger knitseashore said...

My most wearable sweater, embarrassingly enough, is the one I've just completed, the Central Park Hoodie. The previous ones were made from boxy patterns with no shaping, and though they fit OK, they're not very flattering.

Your sweater looks great on you!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Knit Nurse said...

My Stitch n Bitch hoodie in a fetching navy, orange and grey - it's so cuddly and great for summer evenings when you're camping. It reminds me of all the great festivals I've been to!

7:31 AM  
Blogger mle said...

I love your sweater!
I had to think about this. Right now my favorite sweater is Wicked; I've worn it several times. I also really like my Fad-Classic. It's kind of sad how little use some of my hand knits get but hey, I still loved knitting them!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That looks great! Love the color, and it has got to be warm if you can stand outside in it. Saturday was cold!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I like that sweater - too bad they don't have the yarn anymore as that is beautiful. I like the pooling and flashing too - "flashing" is a new one to me - how does that differ from pooling?

On my most wearable sweater, that's a tough question - definitely one of my sweaters designed by independent pattern designers. It's a three-way toss up between Ariann, the SKB or Wicked. I guess I would say Wicked as it's the latest one and I think I got the most compliments on it, even though it was simple.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home