Monday, February 05, 2007

Five Secrets

MLE tagged me with the "Five Secrets About Me" meme, so here are my five secrets. I guess "secret" is a bit of a strong word, but I can't recall mentioning any of these before.

1. My husband and I met in 6th grade social studies. Seriously. We were learning about Canada, and we had to do group projects on the various provinces. We were both assigned to the group that did Manitoba. We didn’t become friends until high school, and we didn’t start dating until right around graduation.

2. My parents still live in the same house that they lived in when I was born. My bedroom is exactly how I left it when I went off to college.

3. Not only is my mother a biology teacher, she taught in my district, and I had her in eighth grade! I wasn’t supposed to, but my original teacher got sick and they had to move some stuff around. It actually worked out fine, my sister and I are good students and my mom is really mellow.

4. I’m a packrat. It’s terrible. My stash is only one small example of how I hoard things that are or might be useful.

5. When I’m not knitting, my job is using excel to figure out how much it will cost to clean up old factories. I was an economics major and an environmental science minor, so it is all working out really well. I’m applying to law school so I can continue on this basic career track.

I hope that was at least somewhat interesting! I tag the last five people (other than MLE) who have dropped by:
prairie girl
batty
rahime
knitseashore
robin

I can't wait to here about your "secrets"

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

That was definitely interesting! How unique to have had your mom as a teacher one year. Your career also sounds interesting - so when you go to law school, are you going into environmental law? (Is there such a category?)

BTW, my blog is now on typepad - http://yarncrawl.typepad.com.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

After having to re-log in on Google, I forgot to tell you that I already did that meme about a week ago. Sorry!

9:21 AM  
Blogger knitseashore said...

Hi Emilee,

Where are you going to law school? I wish you the best of luck. My husband did that and it is a big commitment. I admire anyone who takes it on!

I did the 6 weird things meme in Dec, which I think is pretty similar to this, so I hope you don't mind if I pass this time.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I'm with you on 2 and 4, though my parents are thinking of selling the house (that'll be so weird, not sure I like it). The packrat thing is really bad. It's what made me decide to become a librarian and not an archivist. I'd never be able to let anything go!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home